Basic Knife Skills
- November 19, 2019
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
An essential class for beginners as well as those who may want to refresh their skills. The fundamental skill needed to cook and prepare food is proper knife work.
SLICE’s Chef will go in depth into this fundamental skill needed to cook and prepare food.
- How to choose the right knife for you
- How to keep a sharp edge on your knife
- How to properly grip a knife
- What knife is right for the job you are doing
- Fundamentals of knife work-slice, dice, mince…
- Enjoy cooking a dish from the foods students have practiced on
Once you master proper knife skills, cooking will become easier and more fun.